For nearly 3 decades, Bear Basics has consistently been the number one stop for Cal gear. Our goal is to provide alumni, sports fans, tourists, students, parents, and relatives an easy and convenient outlet to access a wide variety of Berkeley paraphernalia. In order to better accommodate alumni and fans who have moved out of the area, we have chosen to open our own website, so that no matter how far you are, Cal will always be close to the heart.
We carry clothing for men, women, and children now too! Browse through our website to find a wide variety of garments including t-shirts, sweatpants, hoodies, v-necks, shorts, long sleeve tee's, jerseys, and much more. Our garments are purchased and printed on only high quality brands, such as Champion, Hanes, Gildan, Russell, Next Level, and even American Apparel.
Our on site location is located just a block away from campus, at the intersection of Durant and Telegraph. With three floors it's hard to walk out without finding something that you like. The ground floor is primarily Cal gear, ranging from T-shirts and hoodies all the way to portable bleacher seats. The second floor is women's fashion, and the basement is where you will find T-shirt Orgy, the largest t-shirt collection for miles.
Bear Basics Actual Store Hours are 11:00 to 5:30 daily.
How Cal Benefits When You Shop
If you've ever purchased something from our store, you will have noticed the hologram tag that accompanies each garment. These special tags help consumers find legitimate collegiate products. Bear Basics offers officially licensed collegiate products and strictly adheres to the University California Berkeley's merchandising guidelines and rules. A percentage of each item sold goes directly back to the University itself. For this reason, when you shop at Bear Basics, you are guaranteed not only the best selection of Cal gear, but you are also helping support the university.
Return and Exchange Policy
If for some reason you are unhappy with your purchase from Bear Basics.com the return/ exchange policy is as follows.
The Return and Exchange Policy described below applies only to online purchases made through our website.
1. The Return and Exchange Policy described below applies only to online purchases made through bearbasics.com
2. FINAL SALES: All sales items marked as
3. For all other items, to be eligible for an exchange, credit or refund as described below, the merchandise must be returned unworn with tags and must be accompanied by the original return form and customs documents (if applicable). Please note that refunds are only available for online purchases returned by mail.
Returns are accepted within 30 days from the shipped date.
For Refund of Online Purchases:
1. Your package will include an order invoice, this Invoice will need to be sent in with your returned item. Please indicate reason for the return on your invoice.
2. Pack and seal your return merchandise securely and include the original invoice and Customs Documents (if applicable). Affix enclosed pre-printed Merchandise Return Label to the outside of your return package. Please note that the Return Label is not pre-paid, therefore, you will be responsible for the return shipping cost. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable.
3. Mail the package to: Bear Basics
Attn.: Online Returns
4.Please allow 2-3 weeks from the return shipped date for your account to be credited, and 1-2 billing cycles for the credit to appear on your statement. For returns from International and APO/FPO addresses, please allow 4-6 weeks from the return shipped date for your account to be credited, and 2-3 billing cycles for the credit to appear on your statement.
5. If the item is an exchange for something different in color or size, shipping back to you must be pre-paid. Please include pre-paid package inside the return.
Exchanges for Online Purchases At Our Stores :
1. Your original invoice must be presented at the time of return or exchange.
2. We are currently unable to process refunds at the stores for any online purchases. For refunds of online-purchased merchandise, you must send by mail to the address provided above.
3. We can however Exchange items at the store. To exchange an item at the store, item can not have been worn, tags must be on the item, and original invoice will need to be present. Remember you have 30 days from the ship date to exchange at the store.
At this time we are not able to process international orders. We also are unable to ship to Guam, Hawaii, Virgin Islands, Palau, and the Armed forces Europe or Pacific.